How to find cool openly-licensed images for your ePort posts:
- Go to FLICKR
- Search for what you want
- Change “Any license” to “All creative commons”
- Change “Relevant” to “Interesting” if you want
- Click on the picture you like
- Click the button at the lower right to download the image (I usually select “large”)
- Copy the name of the photographer at the lower left under the image
- Click the “Some rights reserved” note to find out the license info.
- Remember what the license is. The license includes any letters after the CC. For example, here is a CCBY license:
- Go to your ePort post edit screen
- Click “Add Media”
- Click “Upload files”
- Drag the downloaded file into the space
- In the “caption” box at the left, type in the license, paste in the name of the photographer, and then go back to the photo and click the button to get the shortlink for the photo. Copy that and paste it into the caption, too.
- Click “Insert Into Post.”
- Once the image is there, click it and use these little icons to change how the picture appears in your post.
- Don’t forget to update your post!
Here’s an example of how you want your captioned image to look: